Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Steals from the past week...and a DIY



So, I went shopping a few days ago and found some wonderful things but probably the greatest thing I've ever bought, and the best value, was this Chanel purse. The woman who sold it to me obviously had no idea what she had which was a classic black quilted Chanel that was in near perfect condition with the exception of a missing tassel. She joked about it being an original Louis Vuitton and four hundred dollars before seeing the crazed, excited look in my eyes and laughingly saying she'd give it to me for seven! So here it is, one tassel more and much cleaner than when I bought it. I bought some gold metal paint to touch up the metal on the tassels and I'm planning to get some black to touch up the zippers. A few nights after I bought this I found it in last months New York Times Magazine. Go figure.
Now for a DIY. Marc Jacobs has featured the greatest jeweled accesories for his spring line and after seeing them in a magazine I decided to put my own spin on them. With two dollars of clear plastic crystals of various sizes from a craft store, a ribbon, and some velcro, I recreated it. The version in the magazine had colored crystals but I recommend and prefer the white ones. They're classier and more true to the pastels of Marc Jacobs, plus they're more eye-catching (in a good way) and look amazing with a fitted tee. Here is the headband version from the runway.
And my spin on it.

1 comment:

G.G. said...

Love all your DIY. You simply rock. I'm totally doing the lace sunglasses too!